TAX SITE MANAGER
Program Description: The CASH Campaign of Maryland (CASH) provides direct services and advocates for policies that increase the financial security of low to moderate-income individuals and families in Baltimore City and across Maryland. In collaboration with a broad set of partners and volunteers, The CASH Campaign provides a range of high impact programs that help people build financial security, reduce poverty and return millions of dollars back to low income people and communities. These programs reach over 20,000 households annually and include free tax preparation, financial coaching, financial education, and public benefits assistance. The CASH Campaign works to build a network of organizations and practitioners dedicated to promoting financial security and economic mobility for low income people in Maryland and across the region. This is accomplished by hosting convenings, providing technical assistance, and supporting the growth of other coalitions
Position Description: Site Manager (Temporary Contract Position – up to 40 hours/week)
January 2019 to April 2019
Manage or assist the manager of a tax site which prepares free returns for working families. This is an exciting, rewarding and challenging position which interacts with many clients and dedicated volunteers while developing tax skills. The site manager is ultimately responsible for maintaining the quality procedures and processes required by the IRS and CASH to ensure the accuracy and proper filing of tax returns at the site.
- Oversee proper operations of tax site including the intake, preparation, quality review and filing of tax returns o Mentor volunteer tax preparers
- Prepare individual (Form 1040) tax returns for clients with incomes under $55,000 o Maintain accurate and complete tax files o Manage electronic filing of tax returns
- Promote client use of refunds to access savings bonds, credit union accounts, prepaid cards and other savings promotions.
IRS COMPLIANCE AND QUALITY CONTROL
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with IRS quality procedures and guidelines o Responsible for maintaining quality procedures, accuracy and security of tax files
SUPERVISION AND RETENTION OF VOLUNTEERS
- Support all volunteers by providing tax assistance as required o Work with the Tax Associate to proactively manage volunteers.
- Focus on volunteer retention and satisfaction to ensure future volunteer availability and ongoing support for the tax site
- Commitment to the mission of the CASH Campaign of Maryland and the community it serves o Tax, legal, financial or similar training and/or experience o Knowledge of Form 1040 helpful. CASH Campaign provides training needed to pass required IRS exams
- Ability to work with the public, volunteers and campaign partner staff
- Most managers must be available to work evenings and Saturdays o Must be available to attend training sessions for Site Managers in November and December 2018
- Candidate must be able to successfully achieve IRS advance level preparer certification through an IRS developed exam for volunteer tax preparers (VITA) as a condition of employment /li>
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Rob Bader Director of Tax Operations CASH Campaign of Maryland
575 South Charles Street, Suite 500 Baltimore, MD 21201