In April 2018 we heard from some of the top researchers and financial educators about how to design, deliver and measure this important work.
Financial Education Summit
On April 25, 2018 our 4th annual Financial Education Summit brought together financial educators, researchers and other stakeholders to learn about what is working to help people meeting their financial goals.
- Key Note Speaker: Brent Neiser, CFP, AFC, Senior Director, National Endowment for Financial Education
- Plenary: FDIC, Maryland Consumer Rights Coalition, Federal Reserve – Richmond Branch
– Does Knowing Your FICO Score Change Financial Behavior?”, Katherine Lucas McKay, Aspen Institute
– Human Insights, Human Centered Design”, Prosperity Now
– The Role of Insurance in Financial Capability”, Joy Hatchette, MD Insurance Administration,
AFCPE offered 4 CEU’s for attending this Summit.
Many thanks to our Financial Education Summit Planning Team: FDIC, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond – Baltimore Branch, CAFE Montgomery MD, MD Department of Housing and Community Development, Garrett County Community Action Committee, Guidewell Financial Solutions, Housing Authority of Frederick, MCEE, Prosperity Now, REACH of Washington County, UMD Extension, Wells Fargo and individual financial educators.