Free Tax Preparation / Resources
Did you earn less than $54,000 in 2017? If you did, why waste your money on paid tax preparers when you can get your taxes done for free by IRS-trained and certified volunteers from the CASH Campaign? You earned it – we want you to keep it and save it! You may even be eligible to access the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) which could put thousands of dollars in your pocket. Families or individual taxpayers may qualify for free tax prep from CASH and our partners.
The CASH Campaign of Maryland is a coalition that includes Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites that offer free tax preparation services. Additionally, the CASH Campaign connects taxpayers, community stakeholders, and employers with important information about the Earned Income Tax Credit (federal and state). Need more info? Click one of the links below for additional information. Click here for more information about scheduling your FREE tax appointment.
Where To Go: Get Your Taxes Done for FREE
The CASH Campaign and its partners operate NO COST tax preparation programs in 18 of the 24 counties in Maryland. Find a location nearest you by following the links below or call us at 410-234-8008 to schedule an appointment.
Or want to do your taxes on your own?
All sites offer US Savings Bonds – Did you know you can buy savings bonds with part of your refund straight from your tax return? Tax time is the only time of year you can buy a paper bond to give as a gift!
What To Bring: When you come to the FREE tax location, bring the following:
- A social security card for EACH family member
- Every taxpayer must bring their picture ID
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2017
- Bank routing and account number to direct deposit your refund. Voided checks work best. Refunds may be placed in more than one account.
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number
- Proof of Health insurance including form 1095 or other health insurance information
- A copy of last year’s tax return may be needed.
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or Maryland
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any
- Any other tax related documents you have received