Free Tax Preparation / Resources
Our tax sites are now open. If you made $56,000 or less last year, you may qualify for free tax preparation. To schedule an appointment in Baltimore City or surrounding area please call 410-234-8008. Or click here to make an appointment online.
Don’t waste your money on paid tax preparers when you can get your taxes done for free by IRS-trained and certified volunteers from the CASH Campaign? You earned it – we want you to keep it and save it! You may even be eligible to access the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) which could put thousands of dollars in your pocket. Families or individual taxpayers may qualify for free tax prep from CASH and our partners.
The CASH Campaign of Maryland is a coalition that includes Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites that offer free tax preparation services. Additionally, the CASH Campaign connects taxpayers, community stakeholders, and employers with important information about the Earned Income Tax Credit (federal and state).
Drop Off Tax Services:
Don’t have time to wait? Drop off your tax documents and be on your way! Our new free tax drop off & intake services are available at locations near you. Have your documents reviewed and scanned by an intake specialist. Then a certified tax professional will prepare your taxes within a few days, for FREE! Schedule an appointment now.
All sites offer US Savings Bonds – Did you know you can buy savings bonds with part of your refund straight from your tax return? Tax time is the only time of year you can buy a paper bond to give as a gift!
What To bring when you come to the FREE tax location, bring the following:
- A social security card for EACH family member
- Every taxpayer must bring their picture ID
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2019
- Bank routing and account number to direct deposit your refund. Voided checks work best. Refunds may be placed in more than one account.
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number
- A copy of last year’s tax return may be needed.
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or Maryland
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any
- Any other tax related documents you have received
- Form 1095-A if you received the Premium Tax Credit to help pay health insurance
Become an Advocate Today!
The CASH Campaign of Maryland engages in advocacy at the local, state, and federal levels. Our goal is to elevate the voices of those we serve.
Click on the links below to download a flyer with eligibility and location information.