Money Power Day
Money Power Day® is a free event dedicated to helping people boost their financial well-being. It’s an energy-packed day filled with exciting activities designed to inspire and inform people of all ages and income levels. Now more than ever, people are looking for answers to their financial questions – here is what Money Power Day® offers:
- Exhibitor Hall – Over forty quality, vetted financial institutions, nonprofits, and government organizations will provide financial services, information, and education that participants can use immediately to achieve their financial goals. It’s a No-Sell Zone!
- Workshops – Presenters cover topics which help you learn steps to achieving financial dreams, such as buying a home, starting or growing a small business, and protecting your legacy.
- Credit Café – You can pull your free credit report and receive one-on-one credit counseling.
- Small Business Zone – Free one-on-one advice from entrepreneurship experts. Learn about business planning, structure, taxes & more.
- Free Tax Preparation Services – Volunteer tax preparers will be present to file taxes and help families earning under $54,000 a year receive all the tax credits they deserve (appointments required at www.bmorefreetaxes.org).
- Kids Zone – Financially-focused and fun activities for youth of all ages.
If you’re interested in being an exhibitor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your organization and a brief description of the services you provide. Please keep in mind that Money Power Day is a ‘no sell zone’
If you are interested in volunteering to help at Money Power Day, please register here:
Do you have a business idea?
Tell our panel at Money Power Day®! Our “Pitch Your Side Hustle” contest gives you a chance to tell your business dreams to a group of experts. Winners will receive cash prizes and advice on how to transform your business idea into a reality!
1st Prize = $750
2nd Prize = $250
3rd Prize = $100
Winners must be present and available to provide a 30 second pitch to our audience at Money Power Day to receive prizes. The winner will be announced on April 7, 2018 at 2:40pm in the Exhibitor Hall at Money Power Day (Poly-Western High School, 1400 W. Cold Spring Lane).
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM
• Preparing for Home Ownership
• Are you prepared for the unexpected?
• Starting a Small Business
11:30 AM – 12:45 PM
• Working with a Small Business Lender
• Conquering Debt
• Youth Entrepreneurship
1:15 PM – 2:30 PM
• Plan for and Protect your Legacy
• Financial Coaching