The CASH Campaign promotes economic advancement for low-to-moderate income individuals and families in Baltimore and across Maryland. CASH accomplishes its mission through operating a portfolio of direct service programs, building organizational and field capacity, and leading policy and advocacy initiatives to strengthen family economic stability. To accomplish its mission in Baltimore and across Maryland:
1. Provides free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) to help low-income individuals and families file tax returns, avoid predatory fees and claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
2. Coordinates and expands access to free, fact-based financial education and coaching
3. Connects low-income individuals and families to high-quality financial services and products
4. Recruits, trains, and manages a corps of volunteers
5. Leads a network of direct service providers that offer free tax preparation, financial education and coaching, benefits screening, and access to appropriate financial services
6. Builds statewide program capacity by integrating asset building services into public and private systems
7. Lead research and advocacy on effective program practices, innovative state policies, and issues affecting the financial security of low-income individuals and families
CASH promotes policies that improve the financial security of working families through research, policy analysis, and legislative advocacy. CASH works primarily at the state-level, though some local and federal work are expected. The Policy Manager reports to the CEO.
- Research policy issues that impact access to savings, mainstream financial services
- Support research for program funding for asset building organizations
- Conduct research and provide support for policy implementation and special projects
- Analyze policy options at local, state, and federal level
- Prepare issue briefs on policy topics
- Monitor bills and prepare summary reports for internal and external audiences
- Write testimony and testify at bill hearings in coordination with CEO
- Coordinate policy meetings with partners and legislative staff
- Develop and distribute advocacy materials
- Provide staff support for CASH-led advocacy coalitions
- Represent CASH on relevant coalitions and in public presentations
- Provide staff support to the Financial Education and Capability Commission
- Conduct outreach to connect community members to policy efforts and collect personal stories
- Manage external communications for policy efforts including action alerts, website content, social media and e-newsletter articles
- Provide support for fundraising, grantwriting, grant reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Education requirement of Bachelor’s Degree or experience requirement of 4 years of direct advocacy experience. Preferred majors include public policy, government, social work, or related field.
- Candidates with advocacy experience including writing testimony, bill tracking, testifying, organizing legislative panels, and building/managing issue coalitions are strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, legal/policy research, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office and in Annapolis during the legislative session (January-April).
- Commitment to CASH’s mission and to lifting up the voices of marginalized individuals and groups.
- The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000
- The CASH Campaign offered a competitive benefits packages that includes comprehensive employee benefits (fully paid), matching retirement funds, parking, and generous leave policies.
- The benefits package has an estimated value of $19,000.
The CASH Campaign of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of every race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.