Free Tax Preparation / Resources
Get Help With Your Taxes
1) Free Tax Software – You Can File Your Own Taxes!
You can file both state and federal returns if: Your household income is under $36,000; or You are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit Click here to start now
2) Comptroller of Maryland Taxpayer Assistance Sites: Click Here For A List of Sites
3) The CASH Campaign is preparing taxes in partnership with GetYourRefund.org. Taxpayers submit their documents electronically, but CASH volunteers and staff prepare the returns for all Maryland residents. Use a smartphone to send documents, meet with the tax preparer and sign your return.
4) File your Maryland State tax return for free Click Here!
All sites offer US Savings Bonds – Did you know you can buy savings bonds with part of your refund straight from your tax return? Tax time is the only time of year you can buy a paper bond to give as a gift!
What To bring when you come to the FREE tax location, bring the following:
- A social security card for EACH family member
- Every taxpayer must bring their picture ID
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2019
- Bank routing and account number to direct deposit your refund. Voided checks work best. Refunds may be placed in more than one account.
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number
- A copy of last year’s tax return may be needed.
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or Maryland
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any
- Any other tax related documents you have received
- Form 1095-A if you received the Premium Tax Credit to help pay health insurance
Become an Advocate Today!
The CASH Campaign of Maryland engages in advocacy at the local, state, and federal levels. Our goal is to elevate the voices of those we serve.