Free Tax Preparation / Resources
Let Us Prepare Your Tax Return:
CASH is offering free tax preparation for households who made $57,000 or less. CASH will prepare returns for tax years 2017-2020. Services are offered by appointment only. NO walk-ins are accepted.
- To make an appointment please call 410-234-8008 Monday-Thursday 9:00 am -12:30 pm or click here.
- PLEASE review the steps below so you know how to prepare for your tax appointment. To learn more check out this video.
¿Tiene un número ITIN y no presentó impuestos?
¡Es posible que usted pueda reclamar créditos tributarios y $$$ de estímulo económico/ pagos de impacto económico! Llame al 410-234-8008 de lunes a jueves, desde las 9.00 horas hasta las 12.30. ¡Un intérprete le ayudará a programar una cita para preparación de declaración de impuestos gratuita en español!
What to Expect:
You must make an appointment to use our services. Please note: Tax returns are not prepared while you wait. Below are the steps and a list of the documents you need to bring with you when you arrive for your appointment.
FIRST Appointment: Drop Off Documents
- At your appointment, please bring everything in the Documents List (see below). CASH will make copies and you keep your originals – expect this to take fifteen (15) minutes. Make sure to bring everything you need from the document list!
- We will schedule a second appointment to meet with you by phone or video to prepare your return.
- Be Safe!
- Wear a face mask!
- We will meet with you behind plexiglass and ask questions.
- Please be on time. To prevent lines, we cannot see you if you are more than five (5) minutes late.
- We cannot meet with anyone who is not complying with COVID safety protocols. If you are ill, stay home and reschedule your appointment.
SECOND Appointment: Tax Preparation
- Our tax preparer will meet with you by phone or video call to complete your return.
- Once the return is complete a quality reviewer will discuss your return with you and send it to you by a safe encrypted email to sign electronically.
- We file the return with the IRS and state for you using online tax software provided by the IRS. 0
What Documents Are Needed:
- A social security card for EACH family member
- Every taxpayer must bring their picture ID
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2020 or previous years if we are preparing tax years 2017-2019
- Bank routing and account number to direct deposit your refund. Voided checks work best. Refunds may be placed in more than one account
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number
- A copy of last year’s tax return may be needed
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or Maryland
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any
- Any other tax related documents you have received
- Form 1095-A if you received the Premium Tax Credit to help pay health insurance
- Any information about your stimulus checks, please bring a IRS letter, or look in other records to determine how much you received
Get help to file your Maryland State tax return for free. Click Here to visit the Maryland Comptroller’s website to learn more.
All sites offer US Savings Bonds – Did you know you can buy savings bonds with part of your refund straight from your tax return? Tax time is the only time of year you can buy a paper bond to give as a gift!
Federal level: The newly passed American Rescue Plan Act allows $10,200 ($24,400 if Married, Filing Jointly) of unemployment insurance benefits to be excluded from federal income.
State level: The Maryland RELIEF Act excludes unemployment insurance benefits from the state income tax for individuals earning less than $75,000, and couples filing jointly or individual heads of households earning less than $100,000
Become an Advocate Today!
The CASH Campaign of Maryland engages in advocacy at the local, state, and federal levels. Our goal is to elevate the voices of those we serve.