Tools to Prepare & File Your Own Taxes

Filing, Credits & Refund Resources


Choose between the "File Myself" program for taxpayers with income under $79,000 or the GetYourRefund program to connect with a tax preparer who completes your return for you online.

Prepare & File Your Own Taxes with OnLine Taxes

If you need help with tax returns from prior years going back to 2016 you can use this tool to help do your own taxes.

Prepare & File Your Own Taxes with Free File IRS Partners

Do your taxes online for free using one of the Free File IRS partner offers.

Are you one of the 70% of Americans eligible to file your taxes for free online using one of the Free File IRS partner offers? If your adjusted gross income (AGI) was $79,000 or less—then, yes, you are. Review each partner’s offer to make sure you qualify for your free federal return. Each partner has its own special offers, including some that offer free state tax returns.

Videos to Prepare Your Taxes, Understand and Meet Your Tax Responsibilities

Check out these helpful videos from the IRS to learn how to prepare your taxes, understand and meet your tax responsibilities. The IRS also has videos in ASL and Multilingual channels

Prepare & File Your Own Taxes with MyFree Taxes

You can file both state and federal return with My Free Taxes via TaxSlayer at no cost if your household earned $79,000 or less last year and for simple tax returns only. Need help? Call 866-698-9435 10 AM-10 PM EST.

MD Tax Filing Resources: Maryland's iFile Portal

Individual Taxpayer Online Service Center. Need help filing Maryland State taxes?

Choose a Tax Preparer Wisely

Visit the Maryland Department of Labor website to see if your tax professional is registered

Check out the IRS website for tips to choose a reputable tax preparer

* Some sites may charge fees for filing your state taxes. Review options and income restrictions carefully.

Scroll to Top